Why did we change our name?
For over a year, our Board of Directors has been praying about changing our name in order to better communicate our desire for people to be changed by a personal encounter with Jesus and to explain the ministry that we do. We had clear feedback that our previous name-Greater Minnesota Association of Evangelicals- was too long to say and “GMAE” was simply an acronym that didn’t tell people what our mission was. As a result, too many people were confused about our purpose.
Has the purpose of this organization changed as a result of the name change?
Even though our name has changed, who we are and what we do will stay the same:
- Connect and mobilize evangelicals to spread the Gospel of Jesus and extend His Kingdom.
- Empower churches to reach neighbors in their communities.
- Help evangelicals bridge racial, geographic and denominational differences by forming new relationships within our diverse networks.
- Equip and train evangelicals leaders through conferences, forums and leadership networks.
- Model transformational ministry by leading and supporting three affiliate ministries: Damascus Way Reentry Center, New Life Family Services and World Relief Minnesota.
Who was involved in the process?
Bryan Malley of Malley Design led our design and re-branding team of staff and board members through the process of selecting a name that communicates our vision, created the logo and developed our communication materials. We highly recommend him!
Board members: Audrey Thomas of Organized Audrey and Matt Brown from Praise FM
Staff: Schelli Cronk, project leader and Carl Nelson, Transform Minnesota President.
Where can I go for more information?
Information for ministry partners and the general public is at www.transformmn.org
For specific questions contact email@example.com