Evangelicals may not always agree about policy, but we realize that we have many callings and commitments in common: commitments to the protection and well-being of families and children, of the poor, the sick, the disabled, and the unborn, of the persecuted and oppressed, and of the rest of the created order. While these issues do not exhaust the concerns of good government, they provide the platform for evangelicals to engage in common action.
Transform Minnesota Public Policy Resolutions
Marriage - 2011
Immigration – 2012
For the Health of the Nation
As a member of the National Association of Evangelicals, Transform Minnesota endorses the public policy platform of NAE called “For the Health of the Nation: an evangelical call to civic responsibility” which includes 7 principle statements defining public policies we seek to support. They are:
- We work to protect religious freedom and liberty of conscience
- We work to nurture family life and protect children
- We work to protect the sanctity of human life and to safeguard its nature
- We seek justice and compassion for the poor and vulnerable
- We work to protect human rights
- We seek peace and work to restrain violence
- We labor to protect God’s creation
These issues are more fully discussed in a document titled “For the Health of the Nation: An evangelical call to civic responsibility” (view PDF) and further explored with essays by contributing authors in a book titled “Toward an Evangelical Public Policy“.